葡京备用网站appwith about 3,600 students from 40 states and 26 countries, unc asheville is one of the nation’s top public liberal arts universities and one of the 17 institutions in the university of north carolina system. unc asheville, the headquarters of the council of liberal arts and colleges (coplac), offers more than 30 majors leading to the bachelor of arts, bachelor of science and bachelor of fine arts degrees. unc asheville also awards a master of liberal arts and sciences.
- Average Lecture/Seminar Class Size: 20
- Average Lab/Studio Class Size: 18
- Most Popular Majors by Enrollment (Spring 2018): Environmental Studies, Psychology, Biology, Health and Wellness Promotion, Management, English and Engineering
- Fulbright Awards: 48 students and alumni have been awarded the prestigious Fulbright Scholarships
- Undergraduate Research: More than 65 percent of students complete original research in their field of study through the university’s nationally recognized Undergraduate Research Program. UNC Asheville founded the National Conference on Undergraduate Research more than 30 years ago.
- Study Abroad and Study Away: About 17 percent of students take advantage of learning opportunities in other countries while enrolled at UNC Asheville.
- Faculty: 221 full-time faculty members, 87 percent with terminal degrees
- COPLAC: UNC Asheville is the headquarters for the Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges, an organization of state-supported liberal arts colleges that recognize the importance of liberal arts and sciences education for success in a complex global society.
- AACSB International: UNC Asheville proudly maintains accreditation with the Association for the Advancement of Collegiate Schools of Business (AASCB). Less than one-third of management and accountancy programs in the U.S. earn this recognition and only 5% of the 16,000 business programs worldwide are accredited by AACSB. This is the most recognized, rigorous, and prestigious international distinction afforded to programs in management and accountancy. AACSB praises UNC Asheville’s liberal arts mission, characterized by a unique interdisciplinary approach to undergraduate education and commitment to lifelong learning.
- Residence Halls: 37 percent of degree-seeking undergraduates live on campus, while another third live within a one-mile radius of campus.
- Athletics: 16 NCAA Division 1 teams
- Student Groups: More than 60 clubs and organizations, ranging from honor societies to intramural sports
- Intercultural Center & Office of Multicultural Student Programs: The Intercultural Center houses comfortable spaces for meetings, social events and programs involving such diverse groups as Alliance, (ASIA) Asheville Students Interested in Asia, Black Students Association, Hermanos Orgullos en Las Americas (HOLA) and Hillel.
- The Sherrill Center: Wilma M. Sherrill Center is the university’s largest facility, offering a range of academic and outreach programs focused on healthy living and wellness promotion. The center is home to the Kimmel Arena and to the academic Department of Health and Wellness, with classrooms, dedicated space for undergraduate research, a high-tech teaching/demonstration kitchen, and research and learning labs. The Sherrill Center includes an expansive fitness center, a biofeedback lab and meditation room, and the Wellness Café.
- Kimmel Arena: The Kimmel Arena, which is part of the Sherrill Center, can seat up to 3,800 people for concerts, commencements, convocations, lectures, intercollegiate men’s and women’s basketball games, health fairs, and community events.
- Mean SAT Score for First-Year Students: 1196 (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing + Math, Fall 2019)
- Mean ACT Score for First-Year Students: 25.6 (Fall 2019)
- Visit our Tuition & Fees page for cost information.
葡京备用网站appmore than 68 percent of students receive financial aid, with more than 70 percent of financial need met for an average recipient.
Read our 2017 Annual Report to learn more about UNC Asheville’s academics, initiatives, and achievements.